Outside Your Element Challenge by Enthusiastic Fish
*Issued by Kagome*
I have a problem....rather I think I do. I get stuck too often writing or designing within my own "element" so to speak when it comes when fanart and fanfiction. The recent NFA Nepal Relief Auction has forced me a bit to step outside my usual element when it comes to writing.
So, therefore I decided to go ahead and try something new. The challenge is, if you chose to accept it, is to write a story outside of your usual comfort zone. Okay, so that is not that challenging except...you need choose something different compared to recent works. You can even choose genre or style of writing that is challenging or something beyond the norm for you.
If you usually write Kibbs, maybe you should write Tiva. If you normally have McGee being stalked by Devil himself, how about having him being stalked by a fanatic new lover (the non-homicidal kind).
Perhaps you have been interested in writing a new pairing and just decide to say, "Oh forget it, I want to write torture instead!"
Maybe you need to attempt to write crossover and just don't know if you can write one correctly. If I am forced to suffer writing romance (that is happy ), then maybe you should as well. You write anything from a simple casefic to the next encyclopedia if you wish.
Now onto the rules:
1. You may use any of main cast (current/former cast members) or recurring characters (someone who has appeared a few times Ron Sacks or Eli David, for example). NCIS:LA, JAG, NCIS:NO, and original characters are welcome.
2. This can be written to join any series you have written or plan to write.
3. Any season is allowed including pre/post NCIS (spoilers must be marked for season twelve). Same with NCIS:LA (season six) and NCIS:NO (season one). Alternate universes are allowed of course.
4. You must write outside of your normal "element." This the entire purpose of the challenge. It is no fun if you decide to stay within your comfortable zone.
5. Crossover stories are allowed. See below for your choices.
Supernatural, Charmed, Smallville, Arrow, The Flash, DC Comics (anything besides the New 52), Harry PotterTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (all versions), Star Wars (all), Marvel, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Agents of Shield, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Inuyasha, Walker Texas Ranger, Law & Order: SVU, Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, and Dragonball/Z
6. Character deaths are allowed.
7. Please have at least a minimum of 750 words. No maximum word limit.
8. Romance is allowed. Most pairings are allowed (slash/het only, no femslash).
9. No males getting pregnant, no porn/lemons, no religious bashing (any religion), and no racism. I will not read entries with incest (Sam/Dean, Loki/Thor, Don/Raph, Piper/Prue...you get the idea). If you are wanting to write something graphic, please contact me before hand. I can handle a lot of things but the above. If you feel unsure, feel free to PM me.
10. Any rating is allowed. However, if you are under the age 18 you cannot write anything higher than FR15. Normal challenge rules apply.
11. You may use any stories issued for another challenge as long as it is fine with the other challenge issuer. These stories must be written after the challenge was issued though as part of the challenge rules. Multiple entries are allowed, however, usual karma rules apply.
12. Any genre is allowed!
If you have any questions, feel free to post here. Now get outside your element and WRITE!
Due October 28, 2015
Categories: Slash / Femslash
Characters: Any NCIS Character(s)